However, sandblasting remains a labour intensive and messy procedure. It permanently alters the state of your glass, cannot be performed on site and doesn’t offer many of the benefits that window vinyl frosting.
Here’s why our top quality product is a better alternative to sandblasting on glass:
- Vinyls are quick and easy to fix to existing glass, and do not damage or weaken glass.
- Sandblasting is not suitable to all types of glass, for example sliding doors, as it takes up to 2mm off the thickness of your glass.
- Vinyl frosting is applied at your home or office, without the need to remove glass and leave you with a security risk.
- There is no mess – our experienced and professional installing team preps and cleans everything.
- Vinyl window frosting is a much more cost-effective option.
- Sandblasted glass doesn’t offer any UV protection or the same insulation benefits as vinyl frosting.
- Sandblasted glass shows fatty marks because of the microscopic holes in the glass, which trap dirt.
- Vinyl is designed to resist fingerprints, grease and grime.
- The chemicals used in the sandblasting process are very harmful to the environment.
- Sandblasted glass – like ‘bathroom glass’ – turns see-through when wet, making them unreliable in bathrooms.
- Vinyls are easy to remove so if you ever change your mind about the frosted look, you can easily change the design. Altering etched glass is virtually impossible.